WCBA provides prevocational services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (“Consumers”) that are interested in employment. Prevocational support helps individuals develop the skills necessary to gain and maintain community employment.
The WCBA Work Activities Center provides therapeutic and developmental tasks that promote good working habits in a true workplace atmosphere. The skills learned offer the individual a path toward independence and self-reliance through paid work. This department offers Consumers an opportunity to:
- Develop general non-job-specific skills;
- Learn to focus on following instructions and task completion;
- Develop fellowships and learn the importance of teamwork; and
- Learn workplace safety, punctuality and peer interaction.
Individuals at the Work Activity Center perform jobs such as:
- Document destruction;
- Box making;
- Packaging services; and
- A variety of other commercial services.