We need to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. With that in mind, the Westmoreland County Blind Association will be hosting meetings on February 8th to determine what action is needed to have the Commonwealth revise their “Proposed Changes” for individuals with an intellectual disability.
What will be discussed?
- Update information on several large Organizations joining our group to provide assistance.
- Updated information will be provided on the potential of a hearing in Harrisburg.
- Review the outcome of meetings held with ODP and a SELECT few Providers.
- Provide contact information from other Providers, family members, advocacy groups, etc. throughout the Commonwealth, in order to build a stronger network.
- Determine dates for a RALLY in Harrisburg.
As you are all aware, it is getting to CRUNCH TIME!!! Our voices are definitely being heard and we cannot stop until there is a change.
Who should attend?
*We are arranging for conference calling for those of you that are unable to attend in person.
Times: 9:30 a.m. or 6:00 p.m.
Location: 911 South Main Street, Greensburg PA 15601
Please RSVP Tim Miller or Deann Wallbaum at 724-837-1250 or at email@example.com.